The SDSAP is an information management system for quick and easy recording and dissemination of statistical events. The platform is intended to be used by all state government departments/PSUs and government functionaries to publish data/datasets, documents and publications and services of each and every department of the State Government. It intends to disseminate authentic and timely official statistics and major socio-economic indicators in order to increase transparency in the functioning of Government and also open avenues for many more innovative uses of Government Data. The date sharing and accessibility framework will provide an opportunity not just to update and improve access to information but also to specify that new sets and records be collected and published. It can also help strengthen new data requirements and inform where policy updates or revisions are necessary. It can build on the values, goals and mission of the Government which can be pursued with the intent of realizing many different varieties of public good, including greater government transparency, accountability, efficiency, management of statistics.
Objectives and Highlights of SDSAP
1. SDSAP will be an indispensable element in serving the Government and the Administrators by providing data on the economic, administrative, demographic and social situation.
2. To facilitate a correct interpretation of data and collation of key statistical indicators under one platforms.
3. To improve and strengthen coordination among statistical agencies and departments essential to achieve consistency and efficiency in the production and dissemination of statistical data.
4. To increase transparency, accountability, administrative engagement and collaboration with respect to statistical outputs.
5. To retain trust in official statistics and strengthening statistical capacity of all departments.
6. To ensure proactive disclosure in the release of information before an individual requests is made. It means proactively putting new information online.
7. The platform is intended to be used by Governmental departments to publish data/datasets.
8. It is envisaged that the departments would release datasets on proactive basis through SDSAP platform using the application programming interfaces/web services.
9. The portal will enhance the digital policy initiative of the Government. It will also ensure creation of a permanent platform for convergence of important statistics and timely release of data/data sets.
10. Optimize methods of data collection and mandate ongoing data publication and updates.
11. Address the governance deficit specially relating to data management.
12. Also to create oversight authority, guidance and the binding regulation for implementation.
Polices and framework of SDSAP:
1. The SDSAP is intended to be used by all Government departments and their organization to publish datasets, documents and services, tools. It intends to increase transparency in the functioning of Government and also Open Avenues for many more innovative uses of Government Data to give different perspective. The use of the portal will be user based and shall be restricted to government functionaries and administrators.
2. It is envisaged that the department should release datasets on proactive application programming interfaces/web Services in the line with the policy of the Government to make Sikkim a ‘Digital State’.
3. Web based SDSAP portal using programming interface application to be developed by Information and Technology Department and to be hosted in State Data Centre (SDC)/NIC Server.
4. Ownership of the portal to be with DESM&E. Content, statistical tables, data requirement of the portal to be designed by DESM&E, DPER&NECAD.
5. Data camp to be organized in DESM&E with the support of IT Department twice a year to upload data in the portal. In the month of April-May, final data and data-sets of previous FY to be uploaded by all departments in the SDSAP web based portal. In September, estimates of the ensuing FY as well as final data sets of the previous FY to be uploaded. Departments will be required to bring laptop along with their data/data sets for data entry in their respective modules of the portal. Latest Census/Survey results to be published by the departments.
6. The data/datasets produced by the departments have to be authenticated at the departmental level either by the head of the department (HOD) or by the head of office. The approved data/data-sets will have to be uploaded through excel/csv files or by data entry by the concerned department in the SDSAP portal, during the ‘data mela’.
7. The date uploaded by the department is to be validated by DESM&E, DPER&NECAD by using various necessary means.
8. If SDSAP digital portal gets no record within the specified time frame, the portal to automatically red flag the defaulting agency. SDSAP unit will inform DPERNECAD and appropriate steps to be taken thereafter.
9. Data entry module for each department to be created in the portal. Each user to view and upload data in the module/tables/fields assigned to them.
10. Data to be catalogued in the portal year wise enabling the creation of time series data/datasets. SDSAP portal to have the capability for excel file download and upload capability of tables.
11. All departments to designate dedicated Programme Implementation and Monitoring Unit (Statistical Unit) for generation, collation, authentication and monitoring of data/data-sets.
12. For employees database, a uniform salary software/application to be used by all DDOs (Government/SPSUs). The fields and other statistical standards/specifications of the salary software/application to be developed as per the specification and statistical standard of DESM&E.
13. Data ownership to be with department/agencies assigned to upload the data. SDSAP portal to be an aggregator to show the data.
14. In order to maintain coherence, uniformity of usages and sameness of data, data published in the portal to be used for all official purposes.
Chief Patron : DPERNECAD
Design, conceptualization, development and ownership : DESM&E, DPERNECAD
Digital portal to be developed by Information Technology Department
FRED to provide the necessary implementation tools.